Lessons from the First Virtual LabJan 13, 2021
I was 6 days from leaving for a month-long teaching tour when our borders closed due to COVID-19.
Ten months later, I did something previously unfathomable.
I led The Lab online.
Here's the story.
Note: The audio is wonky in this Zoom recording. At the last minute, I added a new camera showing the wider shot of my setup. I didn't turn off that camera's mic, which is why my levels shift over the course of the video.
Good thing my mantra is process over product...
Process over product...
In this video:
- See more of Winky, my teaching robot
- The backstory how The Lab went virtual
- Why I felt it COULD go virtual (2 biggest reasons people join me in The Lab)
- How a Mural board became our home base
- Shifts between in-person and in-Zoom for the small group immersive format
- Seeing each other's growth over the course of the week
Sparked your curiosity?
Looking for my next live, online workshops?
Find every one of them on my Events page.
Keen to have me and Winky teach your team visual thinking?
Check out some options on my Workshop Menu.
Want a one-on-one about how to build and deliver better virtual events?
Book time with me on my visual consulting page.